It takes community for an idea to become a product and enter the market. As an extension of the University of Notre Dame's research mission, Innovation Park leverages a vast network of entrepreneurial resources to help our clients enter the market. Many of these resources are found on campus and many are found in regional, national and global partnerships.
Tapping into talent
Eyes wide open
Innovating like champions
Proud of our memberships
- Close contact with all colleges at the University of Notre Dame helps us embrace the extensive talent provided by Notre Dame students, alumni, and faculty that is pivotal to business planning and growth. Relationships with local universities and colleges, including Saint Mary's College, Holy Cross College, Indiana University South Bend, Ivy Tech, and Bethel College further allows us access to business and technical talent in support of Innovation Park clients.
- Ongoing collaboration with the University of Notre Dame's Office of Research and Office of Technology Transfer helps us identify and nurture commercial opportunities arising from University research. Specific areas of University research expertise, including nanoelectronics, global health, flow physics, orthopedics, micro-sensing and energy provide fertile ground for the recognition of new commercial ventures.
- Innovation Park also supports the commercial activities of the many campus-wide student entrepreneurship clubs and organizations, like the Gigot Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and ESTEEM.
- Innovation Park works closely with regional entities to support our clients' diverse needs. We are part of a two site state-certified technology park with Ignition Park which is owned and managed by the City of South Bend.
- Membership in leading national entrepreneurial organizations allows us to benchmark best practices, identify emerging resources, and supplement our client support services. We greatly benefit from our memberships in the Association of University Research Parks, National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance, Angel Capital Association and National Business Incubator Association.